Friday, January 20, 2012

Stamping Sample

I made this little piece last night. It started out unintentionally, just trying out the rolling cord on a piece of glass. You can see a little of it on the right hand side, the green paint. It  worked so I decided to keep stamping away to test some of the other stamps. Then I tried the silver pen from Belinda and just kept going. I had a couple strips of fabric laying on the table from my journal project, grabbed a couple buttons from the kiln unloading and suddenly I kinda liked it.

5 comments:

Jackie Kirner said...

So you mono-printed onto fabric from the glass, right? This came out very cool....

Gina said...

Yes, I used a piece of broken glass from an old frame and a brayer and it worked fine.

Jackie Kirner said...

I like the cut edges of the fabrics, too. Is that a special rotary cutter blade?

Gina said...

Sorry I didn't get this message. I need to figure out to get an email when we have new postings and comments. Yes, that is my one and only special rottery blade.

Gina said...

Just to pass on a tip I received from Vicki of Tangle Textiles ... she said she uses contact adhesive for her stamps.